Lyndon D. Fong, DDS, MS
Dr. Lyndon Fong was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, and attended Iolani High School. He then went on to the University of Washington in Seattle and Northwestern University Dental School in Chicago. He received the Hodson Oral Surgery Award there, given to one student each year.
He returned to Honolulu to practice general dentistry for three years, and returned to Northwestern University to pursue a residency in Periodontics. He also obtained a Masters of Science degree, focusing in Immunology.
In 1994, Dr. Fong opened his private practice in the Ala Moana Professional Building, and has recently renovated it into a high tech treatment center. With new associates joining the practice in the last two years, we have renamed our team "Hawaii Advanced Periodontic and Implant Associates".
Outside of his professional practice, Dr. Fong enjoys everything that nature, and especially Hawaii has to offer. Surfing, Standup paddle boarding, hiking, fishing, and camping are passions of his, especially when enjoyed with family. Indoors, the “nerdy” side of Dr. Fong finds him tinkering with computers, Radio Control Helicopters, and being a self confessed tech gadget enthusiast. These hobbies has allowed him to customize or invent many of the surgical instruments and techniques he utilizes everyday in his practice.
- Iolani High School 1977
- University of Washington 1982
- Northwestern University Dental School 1986
- Top 9% of the Dental School class
- Dr. Hodson Award for outstanding student, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Dept.
- Northwestern University Residency in Periodontics 1991
- Northwestern University Master of Science Degree 1991
Private Practice: Specialty of Periodontics
- Queen/s Hospital Resident Program advisor 1992-1995
- Private practice 1994 - present
- Instructor, Radiology, Heald College Dental Assistant Program 2008 - 2014
- Associate Professor, University of Hawaii Dental Hygiene Program, 2014 - present
- American Dental Association
- Hawaii Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Oral Medicine
- University of Hawaii Associate Professor, UH Dental Hygiene Program, a division of the UH School of Nursing
- Hawaii Dental Service Board of Directors: 2001-2005
- The Toddler Program School Board of Directors: 2004 - 2007
- Mission to provide free health care in Western Samoa 1997
- Past Committee Chairman, Hawaii Dental Association
- Kahoolawe Native Plant Restoration Project 2009, 2014
- Kokee Resource Preservation Project to eradicate invasive plant species 2013